Want to put your creativity to work in the design business?
• see that design is all around you: from colorful billboards, and informational
websites, to packages in your grocery store, or the logo on your favorite t-shirt ... someone
has to create that artwork!
• see how design is created by working in a studio setting on real design
projects and equipment using photos, graphics, typography and sometimes
even drawing it by hand.
• meet and possibly work with designers in the industry building your very own
Combine creativity and visual problem solving on real-world, project-based designs for everything from traditional print and packaging to digital, web, and social media. Using Adobe software, you will collaborate with others and emphasize graphic design foundation skills to project development and campaigns to promote and market products and services. The outcome is design work that will visually inspire, communicate, and build your portfolio to put you on the fast-track to money-making career opportunities.
Embedded into the GD&PM curriculum, students have the option to enroll in DSGN 100: DESIGN FOUNDATIONS, a concurrent direct-credit offering in partnership with Ferris State University. Design Foundations is intended to introduce the student to the design profession. It does so with a cursory review of the history of the profession, an introduction to the skill sets required, the rigors and responsibilities, and impact the design field has in society and business. Students will be introduced to user-centered design, principles of design, knowledge of the application of visual literacy, and design technology, resources and craft. Enroll in GD&PM for this opportunity. Our CTC counselor will assist students in applying for the concurrent credit option at Ferris.
Benefits of this course:
• Earn three concurrent direct credits
• Save almost $1200 in tuition costs*
• Participate in on-campus experiences with the Ferris
Graphic Design program
• Sign up as a junior or senior in high school
• Can be an Early College option
• Core or elective in multiple degrees on campus
* Upon meeting requirements after graduation, a
$1000 renewable scholarship can also be earned
through the NEXT scholarship if continuing on the
main campus at Ferris.